March 25 - April 29 Online Classes ONLY
Due to the COVID-19 coronavirus, in-person classes will be conducted online using the Zoom app.
You will need to download the free app ahead of time from http://zoom.us in order to see the class. If you are logging in by telephone only, please call 646-558-8656 and when prompted, enter the meeting ID as 2775595698, followed by the # sign.
1) Please be prepared to begin at the start time. This may mean logging in 10 minutes prior to be sure everything is ready to go, with a strong wi-fi signal and minimal background noise. For the best experience, you’ll want to join from a device with a video camera and microphone so the teacher can see and hear you.
2) Create a space for yourself where you can stretch your arms and legs out and roll out your mat (not needed for tai chi / qigong). For yoga, have on hand a chair, a stack of beach towels or blankets and any pillow you may need for your head when reclined.
3) Once you are on Zoom... "Speaker" view allows you to see me, while "Gallery" view will show other students in the class. You do have the option to join class without video from your end if you prefer, but I will not be able to see you. When you enter the virtual classroom, your microphone will be muted. This reduces audio feedback. Please keep your microphone muted unless you want to speak.
4) Place your screen and mat so you can best see the teacher and the teacher can see you. If your internet connection slows down during class, try turning off your video camera so you can still see the class, but the class can’t see you. This helps decrease the load on your wifi connection.
5) After class concludes, you will have the opportunity to ask questions, chat with the other students, etc. This is the value of being in an online class that is LIVE!
Free Weekly Drop-in Classes
Free weekly class incorporates gentle movements, mindful breathing and visualization to counter the stress of managing cancer. In this class you will learn to reduce stress with breathing and mindfulness techniques, increase range of motion and balance and circulate blood, lymph and energy. No prior experience is required, all levels of health are welcome, and the classes are available to patients, caregivers, cancer survivors, as well as any professionals working with cancer patients. Drop-ins welcome. Please arrive early for first visit. Chairs available for those unable to get to the floor.
Wednesdays with Allen Riggert 11:30 AM - 12:15 PM
Downtown Yoga Studio in Melbourne
528 E New Haven Ave, Melbourne
Free Weekly Drop-in Classes
Free gentle yoga for cancer patients, survivors and caregivers. Each class includes breathing techniques, gentle stretching and meditation tailored to the student dealing with cancer. Classes are designed to help regain strength, reduce stress and find relaxation. Chairs are available if needed. No prior yoga experience required. All are welcome, regardless of diagnosis, prognosis or ability. Note: if you are currently in treatment, bring a towel from home to help with any immune system issues.
Wednesdays with Lorien Neargarder 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
The Zen Room in Cocoa Village
(look for us along the brick walkway of “Sally’s Alley”)
Bone Makers Exercise Class
Free Monthly Drop-in Class
Safe, effective and adaptable activities to help you move, stretch and increase strength, stamina and bone density! Class meets weekly, only the 2nd Friday meeting is free.
2nd Friday with Vicki Buckley 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Hobbs Pharmacy Meeting Room
133 N. Banana River Drive, Merritt Island